Monday, December 14, 2009

"Breaking" In To the Biz

Well, my three gigs as a mascot for the Mississippi Riverkings have been cut short. Saturday night's game began, they announced Riverthing and out onto the ice I walked, slipped on the freshly zambonied ice, down I went with a "pop" in my right arm followed by intense pain. I threw out a t-shirt to the audience (handed to me before I went out), so I got that part of my job done and then headed back to the dressing room. Needless to say, after 37 years of protecting my right arm, it's broken in two places.

The Riverkings staff and EMTs were nice and would come in to check on me. As there was only one ambulance available in the area I was given the choice to wait til after the game ended (about 2 hours) or drive myself, and then I chose to go to the emergency room in my own car as the game would have had to stop since only one ambulance was available in that area. The folk at the Desoto Baptist Hospital were absolutely wonderful to me. From 8 p.m. when I got to them until 1:30 am when I left for home. Luckily my pal and roomie, Marco, was there to help me all the way thru the whole ordeal.

I hope to post some pictures from the parade and the game, andwouldn't mind playing Riverthing in the future--just maybe not on the ice!

So, you know my right arm is my drawing and puppetry arm, so I do not know when I'll get around to any new Muley stuff. I will try to keep the blog active, so keep watching for things here--opinions & articles, reviews, (I can use my left hand for typing) maybe photos and old art to show how much I'd improved my art since last week. Ha! This also knocks me out of auditioning for the role of Boolie Werthan in the play "Driving Miss Daisy."

I may be able to do left-handed puppetry, but there may not be a Muley Christmas video this year now, nor a drawing I wanted to insert into Christmas Greeting Cards which I can't sign anyway, and a slew of other projects will have to go on hold until next year sometime.

Still, I can type and plan on doing that. Hopefully future posts will make a better read than when I post on medication...like now which, presently, I feel my med's kicking in, so I should go.

I'll write more later.

No comments: