Friday, February 10, 2012

Monkey see, monkey do (Part 1) and Muley Logo Sharing

Well, they say that imitation is flattering; but, I dunno.  I've been 'flattered' too many times.  Presently, I'm showing a comic strip that I did back in the 90's based on an idea (and the strip is signed by) my co-worker Tina Chism.  Once in a while, we could collaborate on our ideas and we had some fun, though not much--it was NOT the best working environment in the world.  Quite horrible, at that; but, we did do things like create a layout of the house on the show Mama's Family and such, so it was no surprise that we ended up working on a biographical (for her, not me!) comic strip that actually got good laughs when published back then.


And a few weeks ago, I got a phone call from her saying, "Did you see the comics in Sunday's paper?  If not, check out Non Sequitur."  I did.  Very familiar. 


Is this "flattery" or is it the cosmos playing dirty tricks and saying, 'here's an idea, use it?'  There's no way that Wiley (whose work, by the way, I love) could have known about this.  Odd how that works out.

It isn't the only 'similarity' between my work and that of other folks'.  I'll try to post other such things in the future.  For now, keep cool!

And, speaking of keeping cool, you can share the love of Muley around the net!  Here's a banner card (thing) you can forward to folks.  You can even right-click and save to post on your facebook, twitter, myspace--whatever you use!  So, get workin'!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Miss working with you Kevin!!!!!!