Sunday, January 3, 2010

Some December 2009 Flashbacks

December 25, 2009
Family Time


Though the holidaze have passed, I'd like to share some photos with you. at home, here I am with my stepdad and mama, Sam and Bonnie Davis. It was a great visit, but on the night of the 25th, someone broke into my mom's car. That they stole some things she planned to return to the mall, what hurts us most is that Mama had been studying in a bible for many, many years and marked it throughout as she planned to pass it along to me one day. Also, in it was family photos including that of my Papa Roy, Granny Ethel, and Grandmother Williams. It's sad to lose that which was planned to be a family heirloom, but we forged on and had a good weekend together with hopes of a great new year, one which I hope brings peace to everyone...except a certain thief who I hope chokes to his doom!!




December 19, 2009
Breakfast With Santa at the Ronald McDonald House of Memphis

Muley appeared with the help of and much thanks to his assistant Richard Meeks and photographer Tim Berry.



It ain't often you see both asses at once!



Muley poses with some friends who helped him make an ornament.


Santa Mule and Santa Claus. Santa Fish has a restraining order from here.


The Mississippi Riverkings mascots, Sheldon and Riverthing,
join Muley to help sing Christmas Carols.

While I did show up at the RMH for a little while, I did have to leave for a trip to see my dear friend Angela Freeman graduate with a bachelor's in education! WAY TO GO!!

Flash Back: December 1995/January 1996

Most folks know that I once worked at The Disney Store which was located at The Oak Court Mall. It was the 8th store in the company, with two more that opened at other malls and I helped train the new management and employees as well as help set up the new stores. Big duties which I enjoyed. Back at our store, we were consistently given the highest scores by our secret shoppers: 101. Yep, same numer as there are Dalmations. So many, in fact, that we were featured on the cover of the Castmember Newsletter "The Disney Store Scoop."
Not everyone was photographed, but we were there at the bottom right.
Back row: Jeff, Elisa, Michelle
Second row: Elaine, Lin, Kris, Moi
Front Row: Patti, J-9, Carrie, April, and I'm too stupid to remember the last three.


So, why did I post this memory? One of our great pals, Dave Dermon III, passed away during the las week of 2009. He was a Beatles historian and Redskins fan. His and my connection came through Disney and The Blues Brothers. I'd thought about getting in touch for quite some time but never did. I was unaware of the cancer at all, and I feel like a jerk for not getting back in touch. So, my advice to you is if you're thinking about being in touch with someone, do it. If you wait 'til it's too late you'll be mad at yourself, too.

No comments: