(video no longer works)
So, I was just thinking… Aren’t you proud of me?
But, really, though, I was. And thinking
plays a BIG part of how we live our lives and how we communicate – or talk –
with others. And thinking can also
affect us physically. Positive thinking
- good thoughts - make you feel good, and negative – or bad – thinking can make
you sick. But, what can we do about
it? While I’m only a talking mule and
not a psychologolojologist, I did some research for you so you can think
better, help yourself, and help others around you.
So, here’s
some ideas on how to think better to do better for ourselves:
It’s easier to think negative thoughts like, “I’m not good enough” or “I’m
going to fail” or “someone is going to eat my cake.” This is when you practice using new thoughts,
like, “I am going to do the best I can,” and “I get to share my cake with
others.” Don’t worry about failing; but,
remind yourself of all the times you have succeeded and done well! It’s okay to have a little self-doubt,
though, because then you can challenge yourself to do better than you thought
you could!
I know one
guy who always worries about how bad everything can go. It makes him upset, he thinks going into
meetings he’s in trouble already, and he doesn’t even call people because he
thinks he’s going to bother them. If you
think like that, then play the opposite game!
Meetings are because someone wants to help you succeed, something is
happening and it will work out just fine, call those people because they DO
want to hear from you. Thinking
differently really can put a positive spin on things for you and make you feel
better!
Sometimes,
people have problems and you see it and, in your way of helping, you offer
advice. But, what do you do when you’re
having a problem and nobody is around to help? Pretend that it’s your friend
there. What would you say to your friend
to help them? Thinking about what you might tell your
friend may help you decide for yourself what the best action to take is. Taking your own advice can be helpful to
yourself!
Think about
what’s going on around you right now, and be aware – thoughtful – of whom
you’re with, where you are, and what you’re doing. That’s called mindfulness. Every chance you can get, put away the games,
the cellphones, the television, and live in YOUR world, not in those
worlds. Experience the people and things
in our life as much as possible. Being
mindful is thinking about your place in the world and with people who care
about you!
Being
thankful. Did you know that thinking
about the good things you have in life – friends, family, talent, and shelter –
any combination of this can make you feel better. Being thankful for what you’ve been given
helps you be mindful about why you should be happy. People who are thankful sleep better and are
happier people. They even live longer
(that’s what it said on the internet).
And, it helps ward off sad thoughts like self-pity or wishing you had
somebody else’s stuff.
Colossians 3: 1 – 4 tells us to “set our minds
on things from above, not on earthly things.”
Because, if we think about all the wonderful things God wants for us,
has given us, gives us, and will give us, and think about God’s great love, we think
better for ourselves. Thinking good
thoughts are a gift to ourselves, and the Bible tells us so. Thinking good thoughts is what Jesus wants us
to do, because He always wants what is best for each of us, just like God wants
for us. Because God loves you, Jesus
loves you, and your pal Muley loves you, and I’ll see you real soon!
If you don't mind sharing a little love, you can send a donation by clicking here.
Likewise, First Congo is sharing meals and food with many, many needy people and need your help. Please CLICK HERE.###
The script that was removed, supposed to come right after the 'psychologist' gag:
No comments:
Post a Comment