Friday, March 15, 2013

Two Caricatures - Di Anne Price

As we're looking through different things, we're finding  more wonderful items to share.  Both of these drawings were in the same sketchbook from 2006.  The first one is from a club in Memphis; the other is from The Vault.  Enjoy!




 
 
 I wanted to share the lyrics of her final song from her sets: "I love being here with you":

I love the East, I love the West
And North and South, their both the best
But I only want go there as a guest
'Cause I love being here with you

I love the sea, I love the shore
I love the rocks and what is more
With you there, they'd never be a bore
'Cause I love being here with you

Singing in the shower, laughing by the hour
Life is such a breezy game
Love all kinds of weather, long as we're together
I love to hear you say my name

I love good wine and fine cuisine
And candle light, I like the scene
But baby if you know what I mean
I love being here with you
I love being here with you

I like a dance by Fred Astaire
And Brando's eyes, Yul Brynner's hair
But I think to tell you's only fair
That I love being here with you

And Cary Grant, oh do-dah-day
His utter charm takes me away
But don't get me wrong, how do you say
I love being here with you

Basie's band a-swinging, I like Ella's singing
Because there's something else, you know
They know how to say it, they know how to play it
They wind it up and let it go

I love the thrill of New York shows
I'd love to kiss Durante's nose
But I'd like to say before I close
That I love, and is love, I love being here with you

No comments: