So, what are you doing the last weekend in September?
YOU'RE MISSING OUT if you don't attend the Leland, MS, Frog Fest celebrating the boyhood home of Muppets creator Jim Henson, and the Birthplace of the Frog!
At the helm of the event is the Jim Henson Delta Boyhood Museum.
This event will take place all day on September 29, 2012, at the Rainbow Connection Bridge (the dedication of said bridge which we visited last year). Also in attendance last year was Sesame Street's own Muppeteer, Fran Brill.
|Photo by Lin Workman|
Muley and hsi pals will be performing TWO shows at the event this year (you can see them below). The supporting members of the show will be Martheus Wade and Janet Wade of MAW Productions and artist DaMarco Randle.
The events list, so far, is here:
Special performances by Muley the Mule and Friends
MULEY'S TALENT(LESS) REVUE
Muley the Mule and his pals have found some of the most odd ball acts from around the world and
collected them for one talent show; but, when Missy Muley challenges Muley and his friends to a
girls vs. boys showdown WHO WILL WIN??
SUPERMULE AND THE COOKIE CAPER
When the city's cookie supply comes up missing, there's only one mule who can save the day...or, can he?
-Mississippi Professional storyteller, Doris Jones will be spinning Frog Tales at the Methodist CDC building
· Hands on Arts activities for all ages at the Big Tent
· Festival food and fun music at The Rainbow Connection Bridge
· Arts vendors on Deer Creek
· Shuttle rides to the museums and downtown stores
· Inflatables for the children
· Highway 61 Blues Festival beginning at 11 am – Buster Morlino Community Center
· Store sales and really great restaurant fare
Kermit the Frog - (c) Muppets Studio 2012 - All rights reserved